8. With a palatte type tool, heat and smooth the striped glass. A neat technique I learned from Loren Stump.
9. Spot heat the front of the pod and tuck the glass inbetween the peas.
10. Continue 9. until the pod is tucked between all the peas.
11. Using your striped cane, swipe one strokes to create the end of the pod.
12. Continue until striped cane is all the way around the pod.
13. Connect the striped cane to the top of all the swipes.
14. Way out in the flame, gently heat the striped cane and bend it around into a loop and burn off. Put directly into a preheated kiln.