1. Begin by starting two beads on one mandrel in the form of disks, spaced about 1/2" - 1" apart, depending on what size bead you want.
2. Slowly build disks up and toward center. Work back and forth from one disk to another.
3. Keep building until disks are very close. Be sure to continue flashing disks in the heat to keep them from cracking, but not so much heat to have them melting and possibly collapsing.
4. Create a bridge across gap between both disks with a dab of molten glass.
5. Rotate bead make bridges opposite each other, all around bead.
"Don't forget to breathe!"
Hollow Bead Tutorial